The University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna and the Bundesimmobiliengesellschaft opened the new ""Ilse Wallentin House"" in Peter-Jordan-Street in Vienna's 19th district.
The timber construction consists of four upper floors, which were built from cross laminated timber for walls and ceilings and glued laminated timber for columns and beams. This skeletal construction is based on a concrete core, which is responsible for the dissipation of horizontal forces. Thanks to the prefabricated wooden elements, the seminar building could be erected in a short construction time of only 14 months, so the handover of the keys was possible two months earlier than planned. The building is named after Dr. Ilse Blasch, née Wallentin, who was the first woman to do her doctoral thesis at the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences in Vienna in 1924.
The HASSLACHER Group supplied 380 m³ of glued laminated timber in visible spruce quality for the Ilse Wallentin house, including 350 m³ of composite components (blockgluing) for beams and columns. The glued laminated timber was not only produced at the Hermagor site, it was also CNC machined in the factory and given a surface finish with an UV-protection. This UV-protection prevents the spruce from yellowing and lets it shine in its typical light color for a long time. The nearly zero-energy building was awarded the “klimaaktiv Gold” rating.
|Customer:||Lieb Bau Weiz GmbH & Co KG|
|Architect:||ARGE Delta Projekte GmbH und SWAP Architekten ZT GmbH|
|Year of construction:||2019|
|Products used:||380 m³ glued laminated timber out of spruce in visual quality, thereof 350 m³ blockglued, CNC machined and surface refined with ADLER Lignovit UV 100|