It is one of the most important and oldest buildings in the state capital of Saxony-Anhalt (Germany) and was founded from 1015 to 1018 by the Archbishop of Magdeburg Gero: The Art Museum of "Our Lady Monastery" in Magdeburg. During the planned period, the interior of the entire former monastery church is to be fundamentally renovated and the medieval building surfaces restored. The missing vault above the east choir, which was destroyed in World War II, is also to be reconstructed and the west gallery opened up for visitors. As a result, the entire spatial impression of the 13th century is restored and the exhibition area is expanded by 340 m² to a total of 1,280 m². This new area is made of 90 glulam beams, which do not put any strain on the brick vault below. The girders were produced at the HASSLACHER group's location in Magdeburg and had to be delivered "just around the corner" to the building to be renovated.
|Customer:||Klöpferholz GmbH & Co. KG|
|Structural analysis and design:||Zimmerei und Holzbau Steffen Otte|
|Builder:||City of Magdeburg|
|Year of construction:||2020|
|Products used:||100 m³ glued laminated timber out of spruce in industrial quality|