International House Sydney
||Designed by Australian architectural practice Tzannes, co-design Directors Alec Tzannes and Jonathan Evans
|Year of construction:
|Products HESS TIMBER:
||HESS BAUBUCHE, HESS BLOCK, Hess Basic
- Timber construction for the “International House Sydney”, a seven storey office building with approx. 7,910 m² of space within the Barangaroo South area. It’s the first commercial office building in Australia constructed from timber!
- Timber species: spruce, beech
- Total volume: 950 m³ glulam and more than 2,000 m³ of Cross Laminated Timber (CLT ) (delivered by Stora Enso Ybbs CLT mill)
- Ground floor columns made of “Ironbark”
- Product innovation by HESS TIMBER: Composite beams enabling for the first time large openings in a glulam beam without losing load-bearing capacity or clear height and furthermore no need of further reinforcement. HESS has realised numerous large-scale tests on behalf of the main contractor and with two material testing institutes.
Photos of building / renderings: Images prepared by Virtual Ideas courtesy of Lendlease/Tzannes